Saturday, April 14, 2012

Lulu Dress by CINO

I picked up some cute fabrics a few months ago with the hope of making skirts for my girls.  When Easter Eve rolled around (a Saturday, by the way), the skirts didn't feel like the right project.  With it being a Saturday and me needing something for the girls for Easter, I, once again, ran to my favorite place for little girl dress tutorials:  http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/

I searched Jess's Tutorial page and found the Lulu Dress.  I used all woven cottons on mine so I switched things up a bit.  Because the cotton wouldn't stretch like the knit, I made the button closure on the backs of the dresses.

 What are they peeking at?

 Sugar, sugar sugar!

Rather than doing the elastic ruched sleeves, I just made simple little cap sleeves.  I made some little flowers for their hair but didn't get any pictures.  I might have to share them next week....



I think the pink dress was a perfect fit.  The aqua dress turned out a little short in the bodice.  She may not get much use out of it before it's too small but the good news for her is that she'll grow into the pink one.

For those keeping track, I finished at 5:00 a.m. Easter morning.  I really have to stop doing that!!!

UPDATE: Go here for the Flippin' Fast Flower Tutorial!

I'm linking up to Crafty Cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment