Sunday, April 8, 2012

Little Dresses for Africa

This week I needed a fairly easy project so I decided to make some pillowcase dresses for Little Dresses for Africa.  I have been wanting to make a pillowcase dress for years and finally felt a prompting to do it now.


My hope was to make 3 or 4 dresses so I went to the fabric store looking for a good deal on some 100% cotton fabric that was sturdy and cute.  My friend found this fun yellow fabric with the pink flowers and green dots.  It was marked at just under $2.00 a yard but when it was cut, the price came up as $0.67 a yard.  With the two yards that were on the bolt, I made a small toddler size dress and an extra-large for a teenage girl.


I used some scraps from a yellow sheet to add pockets.  I'm going to slip a new pair of underwear in each pocket to send along with the dresses.  For these precious little girls, wearing underwear can make a big difference in their lives.

This is my little one, cheesing it up for the camera!

I'm linking up to Crafty Cousins!

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of Little Dresses for Africa. What a wonderful thing you've done. I think I'd like to make some, too.

    I love them. They're super cute. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete