Saturday, April 21, 2012

Flippin' Fast Flower Tutorial

In my last post I mentioned that I made flowers for the girls' hair to match their Easter dresses.  I threw together a tutorial and it was so fast that I got it all done in less than 10 minutes (including pictures).

Get ready.

Get set.

Go...!

You will need to cut five circles out of your choice of fabric.  The circles need to graduate in size from largest (about 3-inches diameter) to smallest (1-inch diameter).  The beauty of this flower is that it doesn't have to be perfect.

An easy way to cut circles freehand is to first cut a square.  Then cut the four corners off like this:



Once the corners are cut off, it's easy to just trim around the rest of the edges to make a circle:



Moving along.... Five circles (notice the A-OK imperfect shapes), needle & thread and a little white button.




Now, to add a little visual interest to the flower, I like to *flip* the second and fouth circles over, revealing the wrong side of the fabric.




Now, stack those little circles from largest to smallest and top it off with a cute little button.




And sew that button on.


I also like to grab the edges of the circles to fray them a bit.


Last step, attach the flower to your favorite hair clip using your favorite method and you're good to go!

That's it!
Flippin' fast, right?!

I'm linking up to Crafty Cousins What I Wore Sunday linky party!


2 comments:

  1. So cute and flippin' fast! If I had a need for hair decorations in my life, I'd make a bunch of these.

    Hope you had a great b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! I would love for you to link up to my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/live-linky-party-11.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete